How we work to minimise the risk to our customers.
Before we book an engineer to visit you, we will ask if anyone in your home has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or is over 70 years of age, or has health issues or is self-isolating (or has been advised to self-isolate). If you state that this is the case, we will assess your need for an engineer visit before deciding on what action to take next.
On the day of the visit, please do the following:
- Clear the areas our engineer will be working in before our engineer arrives.
- If at all possible, stay in another room until our engineer leaves your home.
- At all times, stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from our engineer.
- Do not shake our engineer's hand.
- Do not offer our engineer cups of tea or coffee.
- Sanitise-wipe surfaces, door handles etc. where our engineer has been working or has used. When our engineer visits your home, they will take extra precautions. They will wear a face covering and gloves. They will clean their hands with wipes before, during and after their visit to your home. They will protect you (and any others present in your home) by keeping a safe 6 feet (2 meters) distance from you and members of your household at all times – and we ask you to do the same.